About the Role
Your job will be to cultivate a deep understanding of what your client needs and wants, and to develop a professional healing relationship with the client. You’ll then create a customized high-quality massage based on your intake. You’ll check in with the client during the session to make sure they are comfortable with pressure, lighting, and any techniques or modalities you’re using. It’s your job to create a relaxing space for people to unwind and experience the full healing benefits that bodywork has to offer. After the session, you’ll also help to check the client out and rebook. Between sessions you’ll cleanse surfaces to ensure a COVID-clean working environment. In your downtime, you’ll need to help with marketing efforts, including writing blog and social media content, and other marketing tasks to help grow the business. Other tasks may include deep cleaning the space, helping with laundry, charting (SOAP notes), and assisting me with insurance billing operations.
The right candidate will be:
– Be comfortable working with a wide variety of people, genders, ethnicities, orientations, and more
– Respect peoples’ privacy and strictly adhere to HIPAA and local guidelines
– Be able to perform up to 6 hours of massage per day, including deep pressure, using proper body mechanics
– Have a more therapeutic style of massage with the ability to perform Swedish massage
– Be interested in learning additional modalities and truly passionate about their career
– Have a solid understanding of human anatomy
– Live a healthy and active lifestyle – walk the walk
– Confident, self-motivated, trustworthy and empathetic
– Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills
– Be technologically savvy with the ability to problem-solve, and have a demonstrated ability to work independently
– Be extremely knowledgeable about the body and comfortable providing deep pressure and prenatal massages
– Comfortable performing abdominal massage and work with prenatal clients – or willing to learn
– Be Able to write high-quality original blog and social media content (during non-massage hours)
– Pass background checks, have valid massage certification, and carry own liability insurance
– Listen intently to each client and be able to create a truly customized session, using complimentary hot stones, essential oil blends, hot towels, and cupping
- Knowledge of health insurance billing procedures and protocols
- 3 References
About the Company
Earth Breath Yoga in Beaverton, Oregon is looking for an Oregon Licensed Massage Therapist to join our small and growing team! We are a boutique wellness studio offering yoga and massage and are looking to further our ability to serve the community. We are a community-minded business and strive to support our local community wherever possible. We offer our clients high quality linens and complimentary hot towels, essential oil blends, hot stones, and cupping.
We are seeking massage professionals who want a more grassroots style of business to work at. We are locally owned and operated, and the owner is also an LMT currently working in the business. We understand what massage therapists need and want, and offer a company culture that is supportive, encouraging, down-to-earth, honest, and positive. We’re looking for at least one massage therapist who can work weekends and two evenings a week, with the potential for more as the company grows.
We operate with a servant leadership methodology because we want you to be happy where you work! We encourage all nice humans who are seeking a grassroots massage and yoga practice to apply.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay ($35 per hour of massage work, $14 per hour of non-massage work)
- Flexible time off
- Mental health days
- Accident insurance
- Free massages and yoga classes
- Free Continuing Education classes
- Healthy work environment
- Ample time between sessions to chart, use the restroom, grab a snack, and take a breath